By Tom Lansford Ph.D.
This booklet analyzes the complicated explanations and results of the September eleven, 2001, terrorist assaults either locally and the world over, and examines the next wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
• presents insightful costs from modern figures and first files starting from Osama bin Laden's 1998 fatwa opposed to the USA to the 2006 Iraq learn team Report
• includes 12 biographies starting from Osama bin encumbered to George W. Bush that supply specified heritage on very important figures from the era
• offers a chronology of occasions from the Seventies to the current day, together with occurrences resulting in the September eleven, 2001, assaults and the Iraq War
• incorporates a decide upon bibliography of significant works at the September eleven, 2001, assaults; the battle in Iraq; place of birth safety; and the conflict on terror
• includes a targeted word list of key words equivalent to "Shiite" and "weapons of mass destruction"
Read or Download 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. A Chronology and Reference Guide PDF
Similar historical study & educational resources books
Over the past two decades the magazine of old Sociology has redefined what historic sociology should be. those essays through across the world exclusive historians, sociologists, anthropologists and geographers compile some of the best of the JHS. quantity 1 specializes in the British country, quantity 2 at the journal’s wider interdisciplinary demanding situations.
International battle I marked the top of the previous army order and the start of the period of mechanized conflict. this can be a thorough exam of the campaigns of the “war to finish all wars. ” It analyzes the advance of army idea and perform from the prewar interval of Bismark’s Prussia to the construction of the League of countries.
The foundation of capitalism and glossy industrialism—and, no longer unrelated, the birthplace of Marxism—modern Europe supplied the appropriate stipulations for a number of political revolutions. From the monarchical terror of the center a while to the mangled Europe of the twenty-first century, A People’s historical past of contemporary Europe tracks the heritage of the continent during the deeds of these whom mainstream historical past attempts to omit.
This totally revised moment version of Christina Holsteins acclaimed Battleground advisor to citadel Douaumont should be crucial studying for college kids of the conflict of Verdun, for viewers to the battlefield, and for a person who's drawn to the historical past of twentieth-century fortifications. The conflict, which lasted from 21 February to fifteen December 1916, used to be a turning aspect within the First global battle, and fortress Douaumont was once on the center of it.
- The A to Z of the Progressive Era
- Historical Atlas of the Medieval World
- Historical Atlas of the Viking World
- Carrier down: the story of the sinking of the U.S.S. Princeton (CVL-23)
- The Axe and the Oath: Ordinary Life in the Middle Ages
- Luxury: A Rich History
Additional info for 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. A Chronology and Reference Guide
The United States increased security funding for its embassies by 50 percent over the next two years, and in November 1998, the Clinton administration offered a $5 million reward for information that led to the capture or death of bin Laden. In January 1999, the United States issued a comprehensive indictment of bin Laden and other senior al Qaeda leaders for their roles in the 1998 Embassy Bombings and other terrorist attacks. The Clinton administration endeavored unsuccessfully to negotiate bin Laden’s surrender with the Taliban.
Bill Clinton, “Address to the Nation,” August 20, 1998, reprinted by PBS, Newshour. 6. Gerry J. Gilmore, “Cohen Absolves USS Cole Skipper, Crew,” Armed Forces Press Service, January 22, 2001. 2 The 9/11 Attacks By 2000, al Qaeda was in the midst of planning a range of attacks against the United States. S. policy. S. troops were still stationed in the Middle East, the United States continued to support Israel diplomatically and with both ﬁnancial and military assistance, and American culture seemed to be making even deeper inroads into the Muslim world.
Al Qaeda initially concentrated its efforts on the Afghan civil war, where fundamentalist Islamic groups battled local warlords, secular groups, and rival Muslim factions. In the early 1990s, al Qaeda also supported separatist Muslim groups in Chechnya ﬁghting the Russians, in Kosovo battling the Serbs, and in Kashmir ﬁghting the Indians. Bin Laden, who came from a wealthy Saudi family and was a multimillionaire, created an elaborate ﬁnancial system to funnel money from donors and supporters to groups and operations.